Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jardin Du Public - Bordeaux, France





Jardin Du Public




A public garden in Bordeaux, France is completely gated and open daily. A gorgeous park and botanical garden with fountains, geese, gondolas, green lawns, flowers and bridges. There is a functionl carousel and an amazing garden wall.
I'm including more photos. ;)

Unbelievable beauty! I accidently stumbled upon it while out walking the city one day. I visited the park on several occastions. On some days it was romantic, couples lounging on blankets or flirting on the carousel. On other days, lots of teenagers hanging out or reading. Weekend days you'd see bicyclers, tourists and children on the carousel. I barely ventured into the botanical area, there was so much to see.
I can't imagine having this in my neighborhood in the US. I wondered if it was taken for granted by some. A public garden, a lovers meeting place, a recreational retreat, a place of study and a natural beauty.


No comments: